Monday, April 2, 2007

working it out

Today marks the fourth week of my self-inflicted sentence of working out. My brain has settled into the idea of making sure I spend about three hours a week there. My body has stopped protesting (or protesting strongly) to the regular bouts of struggling to get the stack in the air.
I am recovering faster now than I have, as in I no longer suffer from the aches and stiffness associated with my first few visits. Time seems to pass faster than before also.
I am limiting my lifting to smaller loads and more repetitions rather then the short burst of heavy loads. My focus being on sweating more than creating new muscle. So far so good.
While standing in line at Subway, I overheard a girl (woman) talking about her points allowance to her friends. For the uninitiated, "points" talk is a dead give away the person is following the Weight Watchers Flex program. As I am on the same program, I found it interesting to hear thoughts about it somewhere other than just my head. It is good to know I am not the only person going undertaking a change in eating habits.

No comments: