Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Must not focus on breathing

The workout was good today. Well, as good as a workout can be, right. The wall didn't really show itself. There was a hint of it around 6 minutes in on the bike (which comes first, so no surprise there). Still doing 15 minutes on the bike, alternating abs, arms, back, and legs. Dead slow sets with medium weight.
Am able to keep the heart rate in the range of 120 - 140 bpm, whereas before I was all over the map. Getting used to the machines and individual settings seems to help mounting the racks easier. Less brain power for setting up and just focusing on moving the weight. I noticed a little chi breathing just before starting on the set is helpful too.
I worked really hard on my obliques and I think I may have strained my right side just a tad too hard. The walk back to the office was favoring the opposite side. Will know for sure once my day settles down a bit more.
Is it just me? After I workout, I cannot smell anything and I have a loss of fine motor control. Like my nerve endings are dulled or something. Then again, I could just be hungry...

-nn

No comments: