Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dumb as a box of rocks

Here is a new tip for those new to the gym. DO NOT chew gum while you work out. Especially if you are working on cardio. My thinking about chewing something would help prevent the onset of cotton mouth with all the heavy breathing going on. Well, let me tell you I got the surprise of my life when I actually inhaled the gum!
I can hear all the comments about being so stupid that I am unable to walk and chew gum. I am really opening myself up for it, so blast away. I will not even mention this happened three times before I decided to that it was a choking hazard and actually stopping.
Today, I added another three minutes on the bike and started doing faster and heavier sets. It was much easier going than I thought it would be. I truly believe the super slow sets aided in setting me up for the heavy stuff. I was not out of breath as I thought I would be.
I scheduled a session with a personal trainer (M) so I can get specific advice about getting around to where I want\need to be. The guy was taken a little aback when I told him I did not a six-pack. I am thinking that would be too much overall maintenance. I am just looking forward to waking and walking without pain and shortness of breath. Perhaps a secondary goal of losing the flab of the weight I have already lost (sixty pounds). I am intimidated of being evaluated by someone else. I got to this point pretty much of my own accord. I guess the fear is in hearing I have been doing something wrong or inefficiently. Where I could have gotten here faster than the two years already spent.
I passed the audit with no noticeable findings (yeah!). This is a really big deal for the company (and me). It will look good on future Hunts and increase professional marketability. Pay raise, anyone?

-nn

No comments: