Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stepping it up

The original monthly pass I bought to the local gym has expired and they went all out in order to get me to join. Which I did. The final deal? $100 off enrollment (which is another way of saying less profit) and recurring monthly fee of $24/month. Not too bad considering they originally wanted $250 and $40/month. I think if I held out just a little bit longer, I could have done even better, but I guess I let my guard down long enough to open my wallet.
I started working out three times a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. This is not out of the sheer joy of sweating, but I figure the more I use the membership, the less money they will make off of me. I think it is inherently silly businesses make money by selling you services you do not use. It is even sillier people will pay for a service they do not use. I am funny that way.
The first fifteen minutes are reserved for the recumbent bike, and for the first few rounds I was running into a wall of pain as early as five minutes into the session. Now it seems I can hold it off as long as nine minutes but there is not real consistency to that reading yet. I am not considering stepping up the time yet.
I work primarily on abs, back, and gluts, working with smaller weights and high reps. Keeping the the heart rate high so I can shed this damnable weight. Way can't the last twenty come off as easily of the first?
Sweatingly,
-nn

No comments: