Tuesday, May 1, 2007

I am the Pot calling the Kettle black

I do not know exactly when it started happening. The realization of my behavior just occurred, leaving me feeling a little unbalanced. I cannot explain it, I just know I started doing it.

The first time I realized it happened when I was out picking up food for yet another late night stint for work. I was going to a local sandwich shop picking up a totally sensible meal. In the strip mall were other grease-laden alternatives (which are getting easier to ignore, so long as I do not get a whiff of french fries). I noticed a guy getting out of a small car. Being a larger guy I noticed he had to heft himself out of the car and the car showed its relief by raising itself to its proper distance from the ground. This was a big guy. He and the driver were obviously going to eat at the grease shack to enjoy all of its trans fat goodness. Then it happened. I said out loud "Dude, like you need to go in there". For the first part, there was no one in the car with me, so I was talking to myself, so that raises some minor weirdness points. The major point of this stream of consciousness post is: "Who the hell am I to criticize someone else's food choices?".

What the hell was I thinking about? Where in my psyche did a thought like this come from?

-nn

No comments: