Monday, May 7, 2007

Recovering

There is so much to catch up on. We had a MAJOR ship date last week and my presence was required at work. In itself, not a big deal, but the kicker was I caught the stupid seasonal cold going around the office. I was jacked up on cold drugs the entire week. This combined with the long hours made the week less than desirable (downright intolerable, to be precise). The good news is we shipped on time, which is a huge accomplishment in the face of all the other activities which were occurring at the same time.
My work outs suffered greatly and I was too zonked out and over booked to make it to the gym or the Weight Watchers meeting. Come to think of it, I missed attending. I never would have thought I would miss sitting in a room lamenting (and celebrating) the woes of weight loss (or is that weight gain?), but one really does not know unless one does without, right?
I felt strong enough to work out this morning, I do not think the good feeling would have lasted until this afternoon, if I had waited. The run over was slower but not painful, so I am taking that as a good sign. I power lifted, working on chest and arms, while throwing in a smattering of heavy abs and core. The sweat was pouring off me. It was much easier than I thought it would be after not doing anything for five days. Another good sign.
Normally, when I am sick, I go so far off program I do not think I will find my way back. This time, I remained aware of the food I was eating and even kept up on drinking my daily water. I actually think it helped me get better faster.
-nn

No comments: