Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Goal attained: 60 pounds finally!

I am aware it has been an entire week without a post. Work hit me hard and missing my elusive sixty mark last week killed my creative streak. Imagine my surprise when I discovered I finally broke the into the 60-65 pound weight range! I weighed in last thinking I would have just barely made the .6 pounds required to hit sixty. Lo and behold, my weekly total was 2.6 pounds. The sweat and work is paying off and know I am thinking I could actually make my published goal weight of 179 (but don't hold your breath for that one).

I have stepped up the resistance for my fifteen minutes on the bike:
Old settings:
- 3 min @ level 8
- 12 min @ level 10

New settings:
- 2 min @ level 8
- 11 min @ level 10
- 2 min @ level 12

The weights have gotten progressively heavier, favoring more weight and and fewer reps, rather than the multiple dead slow reps I started out with. Talking with trainer M helped more than he knows.

Additionally, I started finishing up with a three minute pilates session which concentrated on my abs. Of which I can for the first time in twenty years.

-nn

No comments: