Thursday, May 10, 2007

Motivation = NULL

My motivation to accomplish anything at work is positively nil. I have been able to gather a few coherent thoughts into a passable list of items, but executing on them is an ongoing challenge. I think the ISO audit took more out of me than expected. There are dozens of little, niggling tasks that I just do not care to deal with. Of course, all of them are a priority one and need immediate attention. But for the life of me, I cannot get the brain cells focused long enough to do more than just nudge them along. I feel satisfied just to get the most immediate next step started, normally by someone in another department. I am complacent to remain in an interrupt driven mode, rather than pro actively take charge of the list until each one is completed.

I feel quite happy to focus on the minutiae of each task rather than the entirety because there is comfort in getting lost in things familiar. Whereas, if I were to tackle a bunch of unknowns, I would feel without direction. A silly human condition, but there is some comfort to be had in following it.

-nn

No comments: