Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Off the bike, on the treadmill.

Never in a million years did I think I would enjoy running on a treadmill. Too many images of a hamster, I guess. Being of a "large stature" it never occurred to me that I could comfortably run for more than a few minutes. Compared to most people, I do not run vary far or long, but using my personal scale, I am running marathons.

Warm up: 2 min @ 3.8 (fast walk)
Increase: 2 min @ 5.0 (mild jog)
Increase: 2 min @ 5.5
Increase: 2 min @ 5.5 with 1.0 incline
Increase: 2 min @ 5.5 with 2.0 incline
Increase: 2 min @ 5.5 with 3.0 incline
Decrease: 2 min @ 5.5 with 2.0 incline
Decrease: 2 min @ 5.5 with 1.0 incline
Cooldown: 3 min @ 3.8

Total time: 19 min
Calories burned: 220

I will not be performing any 5Ks but I find the minute flying sensation between steps liberating.

Corny, I know.

-nn

No comments: