Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Falling in love (again)

There are so many reasons to love the internet. This is just another.

I have a thing for pictures of all kinds. Landscapes, lightscapes, curious animals of every sort. But I find people's faces the most interesting. There is so much to be read from the face; promise, disappointment, potential, love, disappointment, the list is as endless as the variety of human emotion.

Having been around the internet since the boom has allowed me to witness the rise of dozens of photography sites that inspire and capture the spectrum of the humans and their endeavors. This site, with its singular focus on portraits, exceeds my ability to describe its contents.

I have been using the "refresh" feature which serves up a random mix of portraits each time. Maybe for a writing exercise I should write stories about the people I spy in the site?

Damn it, I hate it when I assign myself work....

-nn

No comments: